Sunday, September 7, 2014

FFV – Part 14: Bloodthirsty Death Squirrels From Hell

Summary: wtf

---

Set Sail!

-Sailed southwest from Karnak, around the Desert of Pissingmeoff.

-Landed when I saw a cave near the water.

-Jachol Cave? Must be in the right area. Going to look for Jachol itself first before going into the cave.

-“Bio Soldiers” as a random encounter. Weird.


Kill new monsters, kill the old. One is silver and the other gold. Hi, Bomb!

-I don’t want to know details on the bodily functions of the Doublizard. I’ll say that I feel sorry for the back head, and leave it at that.

---

Jachol

-They descended from “ancient Ronkans.” Okay.

-“Something” is kept underneath Crescent Isle. I’ll bet it’s candy!

-The Istory Falls are breath-taking. (Note: a lot of these random comments I write when in a town are things the townsfolk tell me. I don’t actually see the Istory Falls right now.)

-500 years ago, the Ronkans were a great civilization.

-The “ancient ruins” are off-limits.

-The northern cave (is that the ancient ruins?) has many traps.

-This is amazing. In the pub, we talked to a dancer on the stage, and started dancing along with. She then addressed us, the player, directly and told us to join in. LOLOL


Fourth walls? Where we’re going, we don’t need fourth walls.

-“Wait patiently on the road with the skull switches, and the truth wil be revealed.” Hm.

-Weird sounds come from the ground on Crescent Island. My “it’s candy” theory takes a hit.

-Seems like all she wrote for this town. Let’s explore the cave next.

---

Jachol Cave

-LOLWUT. “Nutkins” are enemies.



They’re squirrels. Just regular squirrels. They have little health and do little damage.

-A silver squirrel appears as a random encounter. Called “SKULL EATER” LOLOLOL. He fled on seeing me, and granted me… wow, 5 ABP. That’s a ton. Most fights only give 1 or 2. I like you, Skull Eater.

-Okay, I see the skull switch road described back in town. A row of skull switches, like 10 , that don’t do anything yet when I click them. Waiting.

-Eventually, all the switches disappeared except one. When I clicked the switch that remained, I pushed it, and something moved/happened elsewhere in the cave.

-OW

-WTF


I no longer like you, Skull Eater.

-Skull Eater showed up again, and destroyed me. He used “Incisor” for 1650 damage. My highest HP at this point is 600. I ran this time. Wow.

-Another Skull Eater.



-IT DIVIDED INTO SIX SKULL EATERS WTF RUN RUN RUN

-Stuck again.

-The treasure chests here are all empty. Um…

-Skull Eater’s reign of carnage continues. Using a ton of mana to Raise dead characters, with a couple of Phoenix Downs when Lenna dies. I think I may get a few more characters the White Mage job to be able to cast “Raise” without having to resort to Phoenix Downs.

-An empty chest farther down opened a sealed door.

-Finally some treasure chests later on, but they’re mostly crap. A tent and a shuriken.

-DAMMIT SKULL EATER, STOP KILLING ME

-An empty chest with a note:


Well… dammit.

-That’s what I get for YOLO-freeing him from jail. Argh. I wonder what treasure I would’ve gotten if I hadn’t set that jerk free. :(

-At the end of the cave, I climb the wall and get out, but that just takes me to a small alcove in the mountains. I see the overworld, but can’t go anywhere. Back into this squirrel-infested hellhole to reach the real exit.

-That’s it.

---

Outside the Cave

-Well, not a total waste. The Skull Eaters immediately fled about half the time, and each time they did so gave me 5 ABP.

---

Next time: Explore further. The Crescent Island is probably where the earth crystal is, but going to sail around a bit first I think.