Saturday, September 20, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Daily Food and Quest Log, 9/20/14


 
Food Log

8:30am: Denver omelet (ham, cheddar, green pepper).  Half order of hashbrowns. (~850 cal.  This is a local diner, so I'm not sure, but I pulled the Denny's calorie count and added onto that because I think they use more cheese here, though I didn't get toast.)

9:15am: Bottled mocha frappuccino. (180 cal)

3:15pm: Chipotle burrito bowl with white rice, fajitas, tomato, steak, guacamole, cheese.  Coke Zero. (950 cal)

10:30pm: Salmon filet.  Not sure whether it's seared or fried or what, but I put it on the stovetop in a tablespoon of olive oil for five minutes, flipped it, let it cook for about 6 minuets, and ate. (290 cal)

Water through day: About 1.5 liters.

Total: 2,270 calories

---

Quest Log

-Logged what I ate today for week two of "Nutrition: Finish Your Food Log," and stayed under 3100 calories for week two of "Nutrition: Growing into Nerd Fitness's Nutrition Level Two."

-Went for a 6+ minute walk for "Fitness: Walk for 6 Minutes This Week." One more day for that quest.

-After Chipotle, I was going to go get a caramel frappuccino from Starbucks, and didn't.  I didn't substitute fruit in this case, but rather substituted water and procrastination.  The water was just something to wash away the saltiness of the meal, though not as effective as sugar.

Procrastination was more powerful.  I find that by saying to myself, "I'll try holding off today, and if I really want this sweet thing (the frappuccino in this case) tomorrow, I'll get it tomorrow."  This completes "Nutrition: Defeat the Sugar Beast, Level One."

HUZZAH!!!!

-I'm going to table the next quest in the line for the moment.  I'm currently at level two of NFA's sugar continuum, and the next level ,"Nutrition: Defeat the Sugar Beast, Level Two,"is intended to cut down on higher sugar fruits.  That's not really a problem right now.

When I get to the point where I'm more comfortable with the rest of my diet and really looking to pare down, I'll come back to this.

-Worked out today, starting week two of "Complete Three Weeks of Your Workout Plan!"

I was feeling pretty good after the first set of my recruit workout, so I did a modified second set. 

The second set was 10 wall push-ups rather than knee push-ups, 15 bodyweight squats, 10 rows per arm with 12 pound weights, 20 bodyweight lunges (this was by far the toughest to finish), and 15 seconds planking.  Actually, the only exercises modified were the push-ups.

-Did "Complete 10 Wall Push-Ups," a one-off NFA quest.

-Another notch in "Become a Water Drinker: Level One."  One more to go for this level!

-The salmon filet I made, which tasted great with a bit of salt, finished week two of "Become a Cooker: Level One."