Sunday, September 14, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Daily Food and Quest Log, 9/14/14




Food Log

8:30am: 1/2 "Cajun breakfast" - hashbrowns, slice of sourdough, green peppers, onions, egg over easy, Hollandaise sauce.  Ate the egg and about half of the rest.  (~750 cal)

9:15am: Decaf tall pumpkin spice latte. (330 cal)

11:00am: Ben & Jerry's ice cream, 1/4 pint. (340 cal)

2:45pm: Chipotle burrito bowl with white rice, fajitas, steak, guacamole, cheese, tomato.  Coke Zero. (950 cal)

5:45pm: Small bowl of pasta with olive oil. (350 cal)

6:45pm: Ben & Jerry's ice cream, 3/4 pint. (1,020 cal)

Through day: 5 cheese sticks. (400 cal)

Through day: about two liters of water.

Total: 4,140 calories

---

Ugh.  Another binge day.  To reiterate, these days feel awful and gross, and rarely does self-disgust go into overdrive more than days like this.  The problem is that the same disgust is a not-insignificant factor driving these days in the first place.

Remember, Coldrun: at this point in the Nerd Fitness Academy cycle, I'm tracking my normal habits, watching them.  I know this was a challenge to even watch this, and the temptation to say "screw it" was there.  Fuck that temptation.  I've got enough of y'all temptations in my life that I give into.  I can do without that one at the moment.

Logged this. Good.

-----------

Quest Progress

-Logged food and calories for progress on "Nutrition: Growing into Nerd Fitness's Nutrition , Level Two" and "Nutrition: Finish Your Food Log."

-Went for a 5+ minute walk, completing "Fitness: Walk to Mordor This Week."  Huzzah!  Going to create a new quest for myself to build on this habit.  "Fitness: Walk 7 Minutes This Week" to walk for 7 minutes per day for 7 consecutive days.

-Had water near me, so progressed on week two of "Become a Water Drinker: Level One."

-Cooked pasta tonight, as simple as dinner gets.  Started week two of "Become a Cooker: Level One."

-Started an evolutionary quest that had been lingering, "Become a Focused Eater: Level One."  I ate a meal (the pasta) not at a computer or TV screen, not with a book or newspaper in front of me, not listening to a podcast or the radio.  Just sitting at a window in my room, looking out on the alley below.

This was challenging.  My brain isn't used to it.

------------

n.b. I haven't measured my weight or waist or anything like that in a while, which is fine.  I'll next do so on October 1st.