Monday, September 29, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Daily Food and Quest Log, 9/29/14



Food Log

8:15am: Combos bag (240 cal)

11:15am: Panini with roast beef, bacon, cheddar, boursin, spinach.  Barbecue chips. (850 cal)

4:30pm: Big bag of Ruffles chips, spinach dip.  Reese's cups. (1,950 cal)

9:00pm: Baked salmon filet with drizzle of olive oil. (220 cal)

Water through day: about 1 liter

Total: 3,260 cal

---

Quest Progress

-I didn't stay below 3,000 calories today, but I still logged it, and didn't throw the day entirely away with some 4,000+ calories binge.

Today, Mark Oshiro's "Supernatural" videos came out.  It's part of my habit to binge on junk food when watching these, and it's something I'll have to address.  I still have more videos to watch, and will experiment this and next week with substitutes.

I know I didn't meet the "Nutrition: Growing into Nerd Fitness's Nutrition Level Two" criteria, but I didn't give up.  NFA's philosophy really centers around smaller victories when possible, so I'm gonna count today, pick myself up, and do better tomorrow.

Logging calories also worked towards "Nutrition: Finish Your Food Log."

-Drank caffeine-free soda and water today solely, no caffeine.  Completed week three of "Nutrition: the Caffeine Challenge, Level One."  One week to go.

-Went for an 8 minute walk today for "Fitness: Walk for 8 Minutes This Week."

It's helpful for me to think of it as a four minute walk in one direction where I just walk home once it's done.  My podcast also helps.

-The salmon I baked today completed "Become a Cooker: Level One."  WOOHOO!!!!!  Sing it, Final Fantasy victory theme cockatiel!


I didn't think I could do it, and did it.  I'm really excited about this.  Going to start "Become a Cooker: Level Two," where the goal is an incremental step up.  I want now to cook lunch or dinner on THREE days each week, for four week.