Thursday, September 18, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Daily Food and Quest Log, 9/18/14




Food Log

8:15am: English muffin with cream cheese. (190 cal)

11:30am: Pita with cheddar, boursin cheese, bacon, grilled chicken, tomato.  Salt and vinegar chips.  Sprite Zero. (850 cal)

1:15pm: Three Reese's cups. (300 cal)

5:00pm: 12" sub, Monterrey-cheddar bread with roast chicken, 1/2 mayo and 1/2 southwest sauce, tomato, olive, lettuce. (970 cal)

10:00pm: Small cup of cherries. (70 cal)

Water: About 3/4 of a litter today.

Total: 2,380 calories

---

Quest Progress

-Today was the first day that I started actively looking to step down my calories, and I succeeded there.  Went below 3100 calories - huzzah!  First notch on week two of "Nutrition: Growing into Nerd Fitness's Nutrition Level Two."  Also started week two of "Nutrition: Finish Your Food Log."

My plan to reach that is to start making occasional better decisions.  Not great decisions in some absolute sense, but they don't have to be.  They have to be good decisions for where I am now.  For instance, when I go to fast food places, I tend to get a full meal.  I went to Subway's today for dinner, but just got the sub and didn't get the chips and drink.  It's a small thing that knocked off about 240 calories.

-Walked for 6+ minutes, progressing on "Fitness: Walk for 6 Minutes This Week."

Quick note here: I'm not new to walking.  It's not unheard of for me to walk to and from work (four miles each way).  The problem has been that I go boom and bust, walking for a few miles on one day and then not again for two weeks.  Trying to build consistency.

-Ate cherries, and started week three of "Become a Fruit-Eater."

-Eating cherries also served as a direct substitute this evening for chocolate.  I went to the gas station to get another case of bottled water (been ripping through it, yay!) and as with fast food, it's my habit to get other stuff too.  I stopped myself from getting a Hershey's or something, went home and finished off my bag of frozen cherries instead.

Told myself that I'd do it tonight, and if I wanted to make a different decision tomorrow, nothing stopping me.  Short-term, limited decision.

This is another notch on "Nutrition: Defeat the Sugar Beast, Level One."  One more craving to defeat.

-Finished week one of "Nutrition: The Caffeine Challenge, Level One."  Another small choice.  Got Sprite Zero instead of Coke Zero with lunch, and had water the rest of the day.

-Started the third and final week of "Become a Water Drinker, Level One."