Saturday, September 13, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Daily Food and Quest Log, 9/13/14


 
Food Log

9:15am: Hershey's cookies 'n' cream bar. (220 cal)

9:45am: Three egg omelet with American cheese, tomato, green pepper.  Small order of hashbrowns.  (~900 cal.  Random diner, so I'm kind of guessing, and trying to err on the high side.  I think they used three slices of cheese.)

10:30am: Bottled mocha frappuccino. (180 cal)

2:30pm: Pasta, tomato sauce, canned clams. (570 cal)

5:30pm: 8" Jimmy Johns sub with roast beef, mayonnaise, avocado spread, tomato, lettuce, cucumber.  Salt and vinegar chips. Chocolate chip cookie. (1,080 cal)

Water through day: about a liter and a half.

Total: 2,950 cal

---

Quest Log

Solid quest dayprogress today!

-Logged food with calorie counts, progressing on "Nutrition: Growing into Nerd Fitness' Nutrition Level Two" and "Nutrition: Finish Your Food Log."

-Went for at least a five minute walk for "Fitness: Walk to Mordor This Week."

A language note:

I say "went for a five minute walk" rather than "walked for five minutes" because I want it to be an intentional walk.  I don't want to add up the two and a half minutes I walked from my car to a diner and then back as my exercise.  The point is to build a habit, and an intentional walk is what I mean, though more regular walking doesn't hurt.

[*EDIT:* -Started a new quest, "Complete 3 Weeks of Your Workout Plan!" by doing a full workout this evening.  Did one set of the recruit workout, and feeling noticeably less sore than my first try.]

-Kept water near me for "Become a Water Drinker: Level One."

I actually had a minor success story today!  Out of habit, I got a Diet Coke with my omelet this morning, but it came with water anyway.  About halfway through my breakfast, I noticed that I had finished about half the water and had barely touched the pop.

HUZZAH.


-Completed week one of "Become a Mover: Level One" by going for a 10+ minute bike ride.

-Completed week one of "Become a Cooker: Level One" by cooking a lunch for myself of pasta with clams and sauce.